Appomattox Christian Academy has two graduation paths: Standard Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
The standard diploma is only intended for students that fit into the following categories:
1. Transferred students from another school or homeschool.
2. Students with Special needs or Learning difficulties.
The Advanced Diploma is encouraged for all students and represents the main goals of ACA.
- Humanities: Consisting of literature, history and bible. Students must complete four credits for literature and history as well as two credits for bible. One year of Omnibus provides one credit for literature and history and .5 credit for bible. Other bible electives may be taken in addition to Omnibus.
- Biblical Studies: In addition to Omnibus, students must obtain .5 credit in Theology and .5 credit course in Apologetics. (Taken in the 11th/12th years) * Beginning for class of 2022 Old & New Testament Survey (9th or 10th grade)
- Mathematics: All students are required to have four credits of mathematics with a minimum of Algebra II. Unless Special needs exist and accommodations for level have been made. *Standard Diploma requires three credits
- Science: All students are required to complete three credits of high school science including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Classical Language: The Advanced Diploma requires three credits; two of which must be Latin. * Standard diploma requires a minimum of one Latin credit if another language has already been taken; otherwise two credits of Latin are required.
- Logic: All students are required to obtain one credit in formal logic. *Beginning for the class of 2022 Logic Sequence: Introduction to Logic, Art of Argument, Debate & Discussion
- English Composition: All students are required to complete two full credits of Progymnasmata.
- Rhetoric: All students are required to obtain one credit in formal rhetoric. (usually in 11th grade)
- Thesis: All students are required to obtain one credit for work on creating and presenting a thesis paper. (This may be fulfilled with English Comp 101, 102 and Public Speaking; but take all three)
- Physical Education: All students are required to have a minimum of one credit of P.E. This does not include Driver’s Education.
- Fine Arts: All students are required to obtain two full credits of Fine Arts. This may be fulfilled by Band, Choir, Visual Arts, Photography, Drafting, Technology, or Drama. Advanced Shakespeare does not count toward this requirement.
- Advanced Shakespeare: All students are required to participate in two full productions of Shakespeare. All foreign exchange students must participate.
- Other: One college level course (three credits) is encouraged; options include: College Composition; Calculus, Pre-Calculus; Physics; Public Speaking; Speech & Debate; or any college level Science with a lab.
- Apprenticeship Programs: Juniors and Seniors not in dual enrollment are required to choose an Apprenticeship program. These programs vary but may include student faculty assistant, administrative assistant, draft engine, work partner outside of school, or student tutoring/mentor.